Emergency operation tips

While our area is under a severe weather threat, we came across a good function on your radio to keep handy; The reverse function.

As weather conditions deteriorated, transmissions were becoming scratchy and often unreadable. Remember, all stations are “remote nodes” on a network. If the Net Control asks for a calling station to repeat, hit your reverse function and see if you can pick them up. If you can, relay that back to net control; Now we’ve got an even broader net. Something to think about, and practice.

February Newsletter

This is the Lowndes County Amateur Radio Club’s monthly news letter. The newsletter contains important dates, topics of interest, a link to scheduled testing dates for the year, a list of the members of the VE team, and a list of Net Controller assignments.

Be sure to check out the Ham’s Eating Chicken Web page where we are updating posts, dates of events and more. If you have any suggestions please use the Contact form.

At the LoCo ARC meeting for February:
Multiple festivals were mentioned and later place in the Events section of the HEC web page.
The Executive Committee’s nominations were announced for new club officers and no other nominations were made at this time.

Preliminary plans for participation in Parks on the Air were begun during this meeting. More planning is to come in the March meeting.

One person was tested on Feb 3, 2022 at the club house.

LoCoARC is leading the joint excercise for Field Day 2022 which is scheduled to be discussed during the March meeting.

See y’all at the meeting Tomorrow Night 🙂

73 My Friends!

Important Dates:

March 3,’22 11am: Hams Eating Chicken at Tags Surf & Turf.
6pm: Testing session at the clubhouse.
7pm: Club Meeting – Elections for the new club officers will be held at the club meeting.
2,3 -APR-22 April Fools Hamfest, Corinth, MS
3-APR-22 , MS QSO Party
18-JUN-22 , Black Warrior Hamfest, Northport AL
28,29-JUN-22 2022 , Field Day at Mary Holmes College Gym

Links of interest:

JS8Call Grocery Supply Tracking

MagARC Awards Program

MS Nets


Winlink Wednesday

146.625 is back up!

Hey Everybody!

The 146.625 repeater is back up!  We are planning on having the weekly Tuesday night QSO Net on the 625 repeater at 7:30pm.  We are EXCITED about having the 625 back up and getting to talk to everyone.  Don’t forget the tone is 136.5 for both transmit and receive. 

KC5ULN info

Also, Thursday there will be testing at the club house at some time around the Hams Eating Chicken.  If anyone is interested in testing please preregister by contacting John Buckley.

See Y’all On the Air!!!!

LoCoARC Christmas Party

At the club meeting on 11/7 we decided to go ahead with a Christmas party this year to be held again @ Mi Toro’s in Columbus on December 2 @ 1830 hours.

To participate in a rollicking game of Stingy Santa, you need to bring a small gift…suggested retail value of $10.00. If you don’t care to play, that is fine too.

We need to have an approximate head count, so please respond and let us know if you are attending and how many will be in your party!

Thanks and hope to see y’all on 12/2