The 3905 Century Club will host its Eyeball QSO at Lake Tiak O’ Khata in Louisiville, MS July 15-18, 2021
The MFJ-3905 Century Club will be hosting its Eyeball QSO at Lake Tiak O’ khata in Louisville, Mississippi July 15-18, 2021. They will also be visiting MFJ headquarters in Starkville, Mississippi to tour the factories. Martin F. Jue, K5FLU, Founder and President of MFJ Enterprises, Inc. will be the keynote speaker on Saturday, July 17 for the meeting for hams all over the country.
The 3905 Century Club in an international amateur radio club founded in 1977. For over 40 years the club has operated the premier Worked All States, DX and awards nets on the amateur bands and has thousands of members across the globe.
If you want to earn your WAS award or other fun awards this is the place to do it. We run nets on 20m, 40, 80, and 160m in SSB, RTTY, PSK and CW modes. We also offer over 40 awards.
Thee will be a lot of ham radio activity in Mississippi over that weekend. The Magnolia ARC, Lowndes County ARC and W5YD (Mississippi State University) clubs will be active on-the-air during the event.
Copied via MFJ email on July 12, 2021
Click this link for details – RFI Presentation
Go here to download update.
According to the Icom website, here some of the new features:
Changes from Version 1.30
[Spectrum scope is improved]
– A Scroll mode that can seamlessly change the displaying scope range, depending on the operating frequency, is added.
– A popup screen that displays when SPAN or EDGE change is added.
– The number of FIX EDGE memories is expanded to 4.
– Each band independently memorizes the Reference level.
– Improved the Scope function of the RS-BA1.
[Preset function is added for FT8 operation]
– A Preset function that can set each operation is added.
[Multi-function dial is enhanced]
– A Multi-function dial now works as a memory channel selector in the Memory mode.
– A Multi-function Menus Customization function is added.
– A function indicator for the Multi-function dial is added.
– A Front Key Customization function that can change the function of [VOX/BK-IN], [AUTOTUNE], [△], and [▽] is added.
– A MIC Key Customization function that can change the function of [UP] and [DOWN] is added.
– The Band Stacking Register window is added.
– While operating in the Data mode, the receive tone control is deactivated.
– The default setting of the CI-V USB Port is changed to “Unlink from [REMOTE].”
Refer to INFORMATION IC-7300 Version 1.40 for details.
The Scroll mode for the RS-BA1 Version 2 software will be added to Version 2.30.
Rules and waivers for 2021 have been released. Check out k5dy.org/fd2021 for the article. Let us know what you think.
Ham Test Online, one of the more popular online amateur radio exam study sites, is offering great renewal discounts as well as good discounts for 1st timers.
Follow this link- HamTestOnline – to find out more details and sign up today.
Also note that, although new comments closed on Nov 16th, you can still reply to existing comments regarding the FCC $50 fee proposal through the end of today.
Thanks to the efforts of one of Lowndes County ARC members, here is a PDF walking through Baofeng programming. While many already have a Baofeng, or 3, setup, this is going to be most helpful to newcomers. Thank you, Gary (KI5LIK), for putting the time into this and sharing.
If you’re ready to sit for your tech test, check this file out for details on how to get your FRN number prior to test date.
Thanks to Laurel VEC for forwarding this info out for our to share.
Here are the program details and the application for the Specialist Award.
Please refer to the awards program file to answer any questions. If you still have questions, or want to submit an application, please contact the MagARC Awards Administrator- Allen McBroom, AG5ND.
If you do not have contact info for Allen, please reach out on the W5YD repeater or feel free to email me at email@example.com.
To all Hams, EOC’s, EC’s and EOS
a powerful weather resource is available at:
This is a extremely well done website for weather buffs and professionals. its an el-freebo too!
also, check out HamShack Hotline. I think this is a valuable resource especially for EOC, EC’s and ARRL Emergency Operating Station, ARES and RACES affiliation
The phones used are Cisco SIP phones. there is specific models that are comparable.
Configuration was easy as 3.14159265
HHUS is already building in popularity
My HHUS is 5559
Be Prepared for bad weather coming. Check your ham station, antennas, generators, Packet Winlink and such
Prepare for the worst expect an optimistic outcome. Pray for people in the affected areas.
Im in contact with the CAFB EC and WX office, I will pass along any valuable information.
Im not the EC, Im doing this as a courtesy.
On the lighter side, check out my ham radio website and my company website
73’s – Art